Thursday, March 10, 2011

This morning: Peace after negative thoughts

I woke up in a slightly bad mood. Someone listened to me for about ten minutes. I told this person that I had felt very happy after running a group and then had had a self-critical thought. This thought got in the way of my pleasure and interferred with my feeling good about myself. After talking and remembering that I am often highly criitical of myself, my negative feelings disappeared and I was able to return to feeling good. My spirits were lifted as
I went out in the rain to walk the dog.
I was able to notice how quiet the city was. The rain seemed to blanket the sounds of cars and gave the city a sense of calm. I saw an acquaintance and commented on the rain and she said,"It's peaceful." and I said "Yes! that's the word."
I walked further and saw pink and white wood apples and raindrops glistening on the branches of a Japanese maple. There was a feeling of peace inside of me. I did not even let my thoughts wander to "what next." I enjoyed this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment